I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck, and I didn’t go out last night, but it seems across the country the party was raging all night. I guess Daughtry performed at the Wrath of Con party last night, which seemed like quite the event. Regardless, yesterday we had the Eisners, Marvelman, and quite alot of other great news from the convention, but first here are some tidbits:
- Tron 2 footage debuted at Comic Con, and yes I had a geekgasm. However, said geekgasm was followed up by something else: Daft Punk is doing the soundtrack and is considering taking the soundtrack on the road. I need that album IMMEDIATELY.
- Joss Whedon’s “Astonishing X-Men” collaborator John Cassaday will direct an episode of Whedon’s show Dollhouse next season. That’s awesome news, and a reason to tune in again for me.
- Jackie Earle Haley seems to have warmed over crowds with his Freddie Krueger. I don’t know about this revamp, because for me, you just can’t crush anyone with a bed if it isn’t Johnny Depp.
- Gary Oldman let slip that Batman 3 is going to start filming in early 2010. The sooner the better in my opinion.
- “Umbrella Academy” writer and My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way announced a new series called “Killjoys” with Becky Cloonan (“Demo”). That’s brilliant in my mind, I actually think Way is a way better writer than he is a musician and should stick with the former full time.
- So, there’s going to be a movie of SLG’s book “Emo Boy.” I could make about a thousand very nasty jokes about this, but this probably isn’t the crowd. All I have to say is: if Dashboard Confessional isn’t on this soundtrack than this movie can go to hell. Really. (No, not really).
REMINDER: Tonight is Adri and I’s Too Cool for Comic Con party AKA So Sad We Couldn’t Go So We’re Going to Get Together and Drink and Whine about Not Going party. Please join us.