In addition to the plethora of end-of-year specials and sales you’ll find in-store, today’s Daily Deals will save you a bundle on all five paperbacks of George RR Martin’s epic Song of Ice and Fire, the first Walking Dead TP and a whopping 67% off the hot new board game Level 7 Invasion…
A Song of Ice and Fire PB boxed set… (
The Walking Dead TP Volume 1… (
Level 7 Invasion Board Game… (
Grumpy Cat Ho Ho No Holiday Plush…($25) $9.99
*Forbidden Planet’s DAILY DEALS are updated every morning. Prices are valid in-store til the shop concludes its business day (10pm or 12am, depending on the day) and online for roughly 24 hours. Prices are valid while in-stock supply lasts.
A Dance with Dragons finally releases in both mass market and trade paperback formats tomorrow, October 29th, and Forbidden Planet NYC will be selling them at a whopping 40% OFF cover price in-store and online throughout the day!
That’s $5.99 mass market, $10.80 TP. We’ll even throw in snazzy FP bookmarks if you like. Get your copy at The Planet.
With season 2 of George R.R. Martin’s fantasy epic making its premiere on HBO this Sunday night, now’s as good a time as any to go over the plethora of Game of Thrones product available at and from Forbidden Planet NYC.
The original novels, house sigil magnets and patches, the gaming modules from Fantasy Flight, mugs, journals, and the brand new graphic novel can all be found HERE.
Keep in mind that some items will cycle on or off that page when things go out of stock and/or are added to it, so check it back if you’re looking for something not there.
Let’s explore some corners of Geekdom from the last few days through pictures, shall we?
- HBO Picks up A Game of Thrones (pilot + 9 episodes)
- Mr. Spidderman at the Wailing Wall during Purim.
- Nick Simmons, son of KISS frontman Gene, plagiarizes Bleach manga, among others, in Incarnate #1, his comic from Radical Publishing. Amidst the uproar he released a gem of a statement: “This was simply meant as an homage to artists I respect… certain fundamental imagery is common to all Manga… I am certainly sorry if anyone was offended or upset by what they perceive to be the similarity between my work and the work of artists that I admire.” What a maroon.
- Don’t call it a comeback. That guy’s been here for years. DC’s Just Imagine Stan Lee, anyone? SHUDDER.
- J.H. Williams III signing at FPNYC 2/28. Great guy. Great day.
- Marvel published a hardcover of their superlative Strange Tales anthology comics from Summer 2009. Featuring original work from the likes of Peter Bagge, Paul Pope, Junko Mizuno, Stan Sakai, Dash Shaw, Matt Kindt and more, the book design is as sexy as the creator lineup is unbelievably talented.