‹ Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” comic featured in Playboy. — Siegel Family secures Superman origin rights. ›
Things are a-shakin’ in the comic book and sci fi film world this week.
- “The Usual Suspects” writer Christopher McQuarrie said he will be writing “Wolverine 2″. Apparently, the Oscar winning screen writer helped on the last film’s script but declined credit.
- McQuarrie’s collaborator on “The Usual Suspects” (Bryan Singer) may direct a Battlestar Galactica film remake. File this under why does this need to exist?
- X-Men killer Brett Ratner wants “Twilight” star Robert Pattinson in his “Youngblood” movie. Hahahaha, go on. Take him. Not like I’m going to see it anyway.
- Cameron Diaz says her character in Seth Rogen’s “The Green Hornet” will be quite different than previous incarnations. Previously, Lenore “Casey” Case was Rogen’s Britt Reid’s secretary and knew everything about the newspaper editor’s late night activities. However in this version, Casey is a television obsessed amateur sleuth who is stalking the Green Hornet and Kato.
- One part of the superhero power team of the Ryan Reynolds/Scarlett Johannson team spoke about “Iron Man 2.” I don’t know, I really liked Emily Blunt.